How often do you find yourself admiring Alia for her pink and luscious lips even in a no-makeup look and wonder which lip balms she must be using?
Oh, Lips so good I forgot my name!
Well well well…
We smile, we talk and we kiss with our lips.
Amidst all these important things, they absolutely need some special nourishing right?
On an average, 9 out of 10 women will always have a lip care product with them. May it be a lipstick, lipgloss or a lip balm. On the other hand, most men and some women do not like the tint that these products leave out and hence never actually consider carrying one. Let’s get it straight, men and women both have an equal admiration for healthier lips. Then why keep this most sensitive body part out of love and care?
How about ‘non-tinted’ lip balms?
This least glamoured lip care product is actually a potion that works wonders for our lips. It moisturizes lips and some variants even provide an additional sunblock.So lets know about top 10 lip balms in India according to us.
Here’s a list of non-tinted 10 best lip balms available online in India.
1. Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm
Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm is formulated with Hydra IQ and vitamin E. It protects lips from drying out and leaves them soft, smooth and healthy. It comes in a yellow colored stick and leaves a transparent layer on the lips. It moisturizes and protects lips against dryness and sun rays.
- SPF 15 for effective protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Heals chapped lips
- Formulated with Hydra IQ and vitamin E to prevent dryness
Cons: It has a bitter taste.
Price: MRP Rs. 145
2. The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Protect Lip Care SPF 15
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Protect Lip Care SPF 15 moisturizes and protects lips from dryness with shea butter and vitamin E.It has added benefits of coconut oil and olive oil that protect and conditions the lips and leave them smooth and supple.
- Sun protection with SPF 15
- The goodness of coconut and olive oil.
Cons : A very subtle Mild vanilla fragrance and no taste.
Price: MRP Rs. 1,345
3. Khadi Natural Wine Grapefruit Herbal Lip Balm with Beeswax & Honey
Khadi Natural Wine Grapefruit Herbal Lip Balm with Beeswax & Honey is enriched with the goodness of beeswax and essential oils which moisturize and nourish the lips. It protects lips from dryness. On application, it feels very warm at first, probably because of the beeswax, but it is all worth for the softness that follows.
- It leaves a subtle shine on the lips.
- Heals chapped lips.
- Khadi natural products are SLS, Paraben, and Mineral Oil free!
- It seems yummy.
Cons: It comes in a tub, not a stick.
Price: MRP Rs. 99
4. The Body Shop – Hemp Lip Protector
The Body Shop – Hemp Lip Protector is packed with hemp seed oil that soothes and hydrates your lips.
- Nourishing and softening
- Heals extremely dry lips
Cons: Unpleasant smell.
Price: MRP Rs. 375
5. Nivea Original Care – Lip Balm
Nivea Original Care – Lip Balm provides long-lasting care & protection against dryness, Leaving lips soft and smooth.
- It provides great hydration.
- It heals very dried and chapped lips.
- It leaves a glossy finish.
- It does not provide sunblock.
Price: MRP Rs. 99
6. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF 15
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF 15 softens and protects dry, chapped lips with no waxy feel. This moisture-enriched formula soothes and conditions your lips, keeping them healthy looking and soft in all weather. Contains a PABA-free SPF 15 sunblock for added protection from the sun.
- It has PABA-free SPF 15
- It is Fragrance-free.
Cons: It comes with a scary warning message to contact the Poison Control Center if swallowed which is unusual for a lip product.
Price: MRP Rs. 140
7. Natio Aromatherapy Moisturising Lip Balm – SPF 30+ Vitamin E
Natio is an Australian brand which with their Natio Aromatherapy Moisturising Lip Balm – SPF 30+ Vitamin E nourishes the lips. It conditions the lips with SPF 30 Broad Spectrum sun protection. Moisturises and softens while protecting delicate lips against wind and sunburn. It comes with the goodness of Vitamin E and aloe vera. Best part is you can buy this lip balm online in India.
- SPF of 30+
- Soft and glides smoothly on the lips.
- It has a really good fragrance of essential oils.
Cons: Although it is said to be water resistant for hours it needs to be reapplied again and again.
Price: MRP Rs. 362
Where can you find it :
8. Palmer’s, Cocoa Butter Formula, Swivel Stick
Palmer’s, Cocoa Butter Formula, Swivel Stick offers all the benefits of pure Cocoa Butter enriched with Vitamin E. It moisturizes and soothes dry, cracked, chapped lips.
- Makes lips soft and nourished.
- Contains 0% water and does not freeze which makes it usable in extremely cold conditions too.
- Has a very nice chocolate like fragrance.
Cons: It does not contain SPF.
Price: MRP Rs. 991
9. Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm helps in de-pigmentation of lips, visibly lightens dark lips and makes them look healthy and supple.
- Lightens and evens out lip tone
- Moisturizes dry and chapped lips
- It has no taste.
- It smells like Bubblegum.
- No SPF
Price: MRP Rs. 175
10. Iraya Vanilla & Whole Milk Lip Balm
Iraya Vanilla & Whole Milk Lip Balm contains creamy whole milk and delicious vanilla beans blended with nourishing natural oils and butter. Moisturises and nourishes dry or chapped lips leaving them well hydrated and moisturized. Regular usage helps in getting pink and luscious lips.
- Does not feel heavy and thick on the lips.
- Made with natural ingredients, 100% vegetarian.
- It has a very nice vanilla fragrance.
- It has a bad taste.
- No SPF.
Price: MRP Rs. 245
Keep showering love on your lips with these amazing products. Have you tried any of these lip balms?
Stay tuned we will be writing about best tinted lip balm in India soon
Drop your experiences in the comments section below.